Intern / analyst
- Duff & Phelps
- Corporate finance
- Start op
- 19 oktober 2017
INTERN / ANALYST - MONITORING TRUSTEE BUSINESS
Duff & Phelps is the premier global corporate finance and valuation advisor with expertise in monitoring trustee and dispute consulting, complex valuations, M&A, restructuring and compliance and regulatory consulting. With more than 2.000 employees and 70 offices worldwide Duff & Phelps serves a diverse range of clients.
The Duff and Phelps monitoring trustee practice in Amsterdam serves clients in the context of competition (and related) concerns of authorities related to large mergers and acquisitions. These authorities, such as the European Commission, accept commitments offered by the companies, such as a divestiture of certain business units or products (“the Divestment Business”), to resolve competition issues. Duff & Phelps has significant experience serving as a monitoring trustee in these processes. The tasks of a trustee include the analysis of the financial performance of the Divestment Business as well as the monitoring of the several steps of the divestiture process. In addition, the suitability of the purchaser (candidates) as well as their business plans for the Divestment Business needs to be analyzed on behalf of the European Commission. Duff & Phelps has been involved in numerous major (multi-jurisdictional) monitoring trustee cases, including:
- Teva Pharmaceutical’s USD 41 billion acquisition of Allergan’s global generics business – Duff & Phelps reported to the European Commission in relation to the required divestment of divestment businesses across Europe; and
- ChemChina’s USD 43 billion acquisition of Syngenta – Duff & Phelps reported to the European Commission and the Federal Trade Commission in relation to the required divestment of certain molecules across Europe and the United States.
- Work closely with multinational companies (across all industries) on a variety of monitoring trustee projects in all stages, from initial client pitches to final satisfaction of the commitments
- Analysis of the monthly financial performance of the Divestment Business
- Review of suitability of purchaser candidates as well as business plans for the Divestment Business
- Presentation of results in a clear and concise report to the project team
- Assist in the development of presentations and publications communicated to clients (mainly in English)
- (Almost) passed your MSc in Business Administration / Economics and/or Law with excellence
- Ideally, practical experience in a relevant role (as intern)
- Strong analytical, research, comprehension and quantitative skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior problem solving skills as well as a capacity for teamwork and personal commitment
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Strong English (written and spoken) and experience with MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Minimum availability of 2 months
Please contact Judith Tholen in case of any questions or if you want to be considered for this position. If you want to apply for the position, please send your CV, Motivation Letter and latest Grade List to Judith.
T +31 (0)20 851 5161
At Duff & Phelps, we stand for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you'll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all. That's where YOU come in - provided you're incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter - where you can make a real impact.